Whoever buys a new Apple Watch will not get a 5 Watt power supply anymore.
Included in the delivery are the watch itself, the wristband and the magnetic charging cable. Apple states on the order page that they will not be using the additional power supply for environmental reasons.
And that is not completely wrong: with 5 Watt/1 Ampere USB power supplies probably everyone can throw themselves to death, so it makes more sense to simply continue using these existing ones. By the way, you can use any power supply that has a USB-A port and the cable fits into . Don’t worry that it might give more power (for example an iPad power supply): the Watch only take as much power as it needs.
- GPS + Cellular model lets you call, text, and get directions without your phone
- Large Retina OLED display
- Up to 2x faster processor than Series 3
- Track your daily activity on Apple Watch and see your trends in the Fitness app on iPhone
- Measure workouts like running, walking, cycling, yoga, swimming, and dance
Maybe this is the first small step towards real sustainability. Of course, this step is not for free for you: the power supply is now missing, but the Smartwatch won’t get any cheaper. Apple offers you an additional power supply though – if you pay for it.