The Apple Watch is currently sold in four versions: As Series 3 and Series 5 and each with and without cellular connection. GPS is always on board. Prices for Series 3 start at $199, for Series 5 at $399.
Please be careful if you are using an iPhone with iOS 12: Apple prohibits pairing Apple Watches in this case.
When should I buy the Apple Watch? The best time to buy.
The Apple Watch SE and Series 6 are up to date and were presented in September 2020. The Series 3 model is sold in parallel.
At this point we will always keep you up to date about the actuality of the product. Of course, as always with technology: if you need it, you should buy it.
green means: up to date
orange: approaching the end of the product cycle
red: update is imminent – better wait
Apple Watch Series 3
For beginners and athletes
The cheapest versions are available from 199 Dollars. They come with an aluminium case, so they are lighter than the stainless steel versions and come with plastic wristbands. These models are waterproof up to 50m and are able to receive a GPS signal even without an iPhone.
These entry-level devices are suitable for users who actually want to use the Smartwatch mainly as a watch or GPS tracker and can do without the new medical function. However, the display will also be slightly smaller.
There is also a Nike Edition for all fans of jogging. The Nike variant offers special Nike dials, a perforated bracelet and an ideal connection to the Nike+ Run Club App. The models cost from 199 Dollars or 399 Dollars and have a GPS chip on board, mobile phone connection is optional. This allows you to track a run or swim even without an iPhone.
Apple Watch SE – modern but without main health functions
As mentioned Apple sells the older Series 3 and new Series 6 and SE in parallel. Between the models is a difference of roughly $100. What do you get for it? Lets start with a comparison between the Series 3 and the Apple Watch SE. With the newer SE you get
- a display that is larger by more than 30%
- Digital crown with haptic feedback
- S5 processor from the Apple Watch 5
- fall detection
- possibility for international emergency calls
The display of the Apple Watch SE has gained a lot of display space but is not always-on compared to the Series 4 that is no longer offered. In everyday use that is not a huge disadvantage. It is a nice to have feature, but not really necessary.
Moreover, compared to the older Series 3, the display is no longer exactly square, but rounded, similar to the iPhone 11. This gives the Smartwatch, which has also become somewhat flatter, a very pleasing appearance. The fact that the processor is faster that that in the Series 3 is a nice plus.
Series 3 for sport and normal use,
Apple Watch SE for style and speed.
The digital crown, i.e. the small rotary wheel on the right side, has received haptic feedback. Similar to the iPhone with the Taptic Engine, the Apple Watch now also gives mechanical feedback when scrolling through the menu. Very pleasant.
What you don’t get with the SE are the most up-to-date health functions. As the Series 3 the SE can monitor your heart rate but can not make an EKG or measure the oxygen level in your blood. Nevertheless, the Apple Watch SE is a smartwatch for a fair price.
Apple Watch Series 6 in different materials and editions
The Apple Watch Series 6 is offered in a wide range of materials. The low priced models come with an aluminium case, the better ones in stainless steel. In addition, there is titanium to choose from.
Also with the Series 6 there is of course again a Nike Edition. It costs as much as the standard aluminum models from $399.
The main difference to the two cheaper Apple Watches is the health features offered. For example, the Apple Watch 6 is able to generate an ECG of your heart as well as measure and monitor the oxygen saturation of your blood. For this purpose, there are four LED clusters and four photodiodes on the watch back, which make it possible to collect the information. Simply put, the Apple Watch Series 6 looks at the color of your blood and calculates the oxygen content. A fascinating function.
Apple is therefore further expanding the Apple Watch with medical functions. Since the ECG function already works perfectly and is very helpful for many people, the same can be expected from the function for oxygen saturation of the blood. So if monitoring your health is very important to you, the surcharge of the Apple Watch SE on the Series 6 is not worth considering and is almost favorable for the power of the functions.
Apple Watch Hermès based on Apple Watch Series 6
The Hermes version of the Apple Watch has a leather strap and costs from $1.249. The Hermès versions all come with an LTE mobile phone connection. Together with the currently offered black leather strap and the black dial, the Hermès Edition is a very elegant interpretation of the Apple Watch.
- Soft Leather Watch Band: The wristband is made of genuine calfskin leather, soft and comfortable on your wrist, gives a elegant and luxury feeling.PACKAGE INCLUDES WATCHBAND ONLY, NOT INCLUDE ANY WATCH.
- Compatibility and Size: iWatch Replacement Band compatible with Apple Watch Series 1 / Series 2 / Series 3 (42mm), Series 4 / Series 5 (44mm). Thickness 2.3mm makes it flexible and soft on your wrist. 42mm (44mm) iWatch strap suitable for 6.7 - 8.9 inches (192mm-234mm) wrists. Precise multiple alternative holes on the 42mm (44mm) watch strap for easily adjust the fitting length. No matter you are looking for a iwatch leather strap in small or larger size, this does the trick.
- Easy To Use: This replacement band is used to replace apple watch strap. The adapter lugs are processed by special craft. It is easy to install or remove and is very robust, never worried it will fall off. Our micro-spring-loaded adapters are characterized by durability and reliability and are easy to install. You just have to push the spring-loaded tabs into your smartwatch slot. The entire installation only takes a few seconds.
- Stylish design: the leather watch band is decorated in a fashionable leather style, exquisite workmanship, neatly stitching gives your iWatch a sleek and elegant look. Easily interchangeable apple watch bands quickly update your style. Designed for customers who love and appreciate quality.
- Please ensure you choose "Sold by mocobe" for guaranteed quality. If you have any problems with your order please contact us for prompt and courteous service. If there is any quality issue or any part missing, please contact us for free replacement or refund. Package content: 1 x leather band compatible with iWatch Band for women / men. It is packed in a black box with logo, good for gift giving.
It is considerably more expensive than the standard models, but has a fantastic leather strap and its own watchfaces, which are exclusive to this model.
Beginner, Style, Health – the main points of the three models
The main advantages of the new Series 6 are the nice big always-on display and the powerful health functions oxygen saturation and ECG. The Series 6 has all the good features of an Apple Watch plus extensive medical technology.
The Apple Watch SE omits these functions as well as an always-on display for a lower price. In return you get a stylish Apple Watch that is up to date.
The Series 3 is not slow, the material quality and design are still excellent and the operating system is still maintained. Due to the low price it is the right choice for those who prefer the offered sports and notification features and can do without the latest design and ECG function.
Our recommendation: Let your budget decide.
The Series 5 is high tech, but the Series 3 is not obsolete. Apple’s pricing is very fair: for about half the price you won’t get all the features, but you’ll always be good at everyday use. So you won’t miss a thing if your budget is limited. Those who can afford it will get the more interesting always-on display and a slightly fresher design in the Series 5.
The mobile version needs a corresponding contract!
If you are interested in purchasing a mobile phone variant so that you can make calls with Apple Watch, you will need an appropriate contract. One with Multi-SIM should be sufficient. Since the watch has an eSIM, i.e. a built-in SIM card, so that you don’t have to insert a small piece of plastic into the Smartwatch, your provider must also play along.