Anyone who likes to open their devices or has to repair them needs good tools. They do not necessarily have to be expensive, if you buy in the right combination. We show you a good set for all Torx matters.
Torx is needed almost all the time. On some occasions, such as when upgrading the RAM of the Mac mini 2018, you also need Security Torx. This variant still has a small bump in the middle of the screw and a hole on the opposite side in the bit or screwdriver. Therefore, this is also abbreviated with TR (tamper proof) or H (hole). A Torx 9 bit with this safety function is then called TR9 or T9H.
Now you can buy a set of all sizes and then have many individual screwdrivers lying around. This is good if you work with it a lot and have each size directly at hand. However, if you only need to upgrade or repair every now and then, then using Torx bits is cheaper and more space-saving. Combined with a simple bit holder, you have so many sizes directly covered. Practical: the safety Torx are always compatible with normal Torx screws – just not vice versa.
We have chosen the safety Torx set from Lexivon. It offers a very fair price, good quality and promises a long warranty when registered. It was developed in the USA and is manufactured in Taiwan. We combined it with a simple bit holder.
We chose the model from Donau Elektronik. It’s the size of a regular screwdriver and holds the ¼” bits with a magnet. So you get a very nice Torx screwdriver. If this is not available in your country, of course any other bit holder in the standard size mentioned will do.
- TAMPER RESISTANT TORX SET: This set includes 13-piece 1/4-inch shank and stored in a convenient organizer sleeve with the sizes printed in yellow for fast recognition
- DURABLE - Industrial grade S2 alloy steel bits, hardened to reduce wear-outs. Precision CNC-Machined ensures a smooth fit and protection for both your bit ends as well as your fasteners.
- LONGEVITY - Complete rust and corrosion resistance with the active Manganese Phosphate treatment for enhanced durability under any circumstances.
- COMFORTABLE - Insert smoothly with precision chamfer bit ends. Sizes are stamped on bits and yellow-printed on storage organizer for faster recognition.
- 100% RISK-FREE – Meet & Exceeds ANSI (The American National Standard Institute) and backed by our Lifetime Limited Warranty for your complete peace of mind.
With these two high quality tools you get something that you can work well with, plus it is not very expensive. Buying high quality components individually is often better than buying whole sets, where sometimes the quality suffers. But all your Torx needs should be covered with these bits.