What a cool headline! We will explain the Wi-Fi solution offered by Amazon for larger apartments and houses.
The current WLAN standard is called Wifi 6 (or ax according to the old-fashioned name) and offers higher data rates as usual. A mesh system is an arrangement of WLAN devices that distribute the signal from your source, for example your main router or simply a modem, across the apartment. The advantage of this is that the distribution between the individual devices takes place via a specially designed radio module – the forwarding of the signal does not reduce the bandwidth for your end devices. This is a technically superior solution to a repeater. A repeater would only repeat the signal and halve the bandwidth.
In addition to the WLAN mesh function, which allows you to cover a large residential unit, the device also includes a Zigbee hub. This allows you to connect smart home devices without needing a separate hub. Amazon specifies Alexa compatibility here. The area that can be covered with one device is specified at 190 square meters, and 560 with the three-pack.
- Introducing the fastest eero ever - the eero Pro 6 system covers up to 6,000 sq. ft. with wifi speeds up to a gigabit.
- Say goodbye to dead spots and buffering - eero’s mesh wifi technology adapts to your space—so you can confidently stream 4K video, game, and video conference across your home.
- Supports 75+ devices - eero Pro 6 uses the power of Wi-Fi 6 to increase the capacity—and efficiency—of your network.
- Set up in minutes - The eero app walks you through setup and allows you to manage your network from anywhere. Plus, free customer support is available 7 days a week.
- Connect to Alexa - eero Pro 6 doubles as a Zigbee smart home hub, making it easy to connect and control compatible devices on your network with Alexa.
- Gets better over time - Automatic updates keep your network safe and secure.
- Easily expand your system - With cross-compatible hardware, you can easily add eero products as your needs change.