Sennheiser has introduced the successors of the popular CX 400BT earphones: the CX True Wireless.
The new version is said to have retained the good features and yet has dropped in price. Thus, they now cost a regular $129. For example, the touch surface was not made of transparent plastic, and the entire casing is now matte instead. But somehow it fits the rather minimalist styled earphones.
The sound of the CX400 was already excellent, and here Sennheiser has maintained the good sound characteristics and even turned up the bass a bit (which can be adjusted according to personal preferences). In addition, the battery life is now nine hours, so with two recharges through the case, a maximum of 27 hours can be achieved. That’s almost twice as much as the AirPods Pro on an Earbud charge.
So, the CX True Wireless are reduced to the essentials: Very good sound, very good battery life, great control through the touch buttons. What is missing are extra features like Active Noise Cancelling (dispensable, because they already seal very well) or a sensor for whether the earpiece has been removed from the ear or not. Great: from now on, the earphones can also be used separately, and the Bluetooth 5.2 protocol provides a bit more flexibility.
The bottom line is that the Sennheiser CX True Wireless are something like the new standard Bluetooth earbuds: Better sound and significantly longer battery life than the AirPod Pros, and much cheaper. So you can buy them without hesitation. If you want to save even more, you can also take a look at the CX400, the previous model. The sound is great there, too, but the battery life is two hours less than the new model and both earpieces cannot be used separately.
- Experience superior sound without compromise: Powered by German-made 7mm TrueResponse transducers with a wide range of Bluetooth codec support (AAC, aptX, SBC)
- Long battery life: Get up to 27 hours of music playtime with on the go charging with the high quality case that comes with the product
- Passive Noise Cancellation and light-weight ergonomic design: The ergonomic design offers optimal comfort and a secure fit with 4 ear adapter sizes for excellent passive noise cancellation
- Full digital control: Our Smart Control App for iOS / Android allows earbud functionalities to be personalized for your everyday needs and enables smooth pairing; fully adaptable controls for music, calls and voice assistant
- Bass Boost: Special EQ pre-set can be activated via our app for more intense bass. Sennheiser uses decades of expertise to drive the world of audio technology forward for new, unique sound experiences
- IPX4 splash resistance: Enjoy an outstanding audio experience no matter where you are