Apple’s large over-ear headphones have dropped significantly in price. The AirPods Max now cost less than $419 Euros on Amazon, while Apple still charges over $549 Euros on its own website.
- Apple-designed dynamic driver provides high-fidelity audio
- Active Noise Cancellation blocks outside noise, so you can immerse yourself in music
- Transparency mode for hearing and interacting with the world around you
- Spatial audio with dynamic head tracking provides theater-like sound that surrounds you
- Computational audio combines custom acoustic design with the Apple H1 chip and software for breakthrough listening experiences
- Designed with a knit-mesh canopy and memory foam ear cushions for an exceptional fit
- Magical experience with effortless setup, on-head detection, and seamless switching between devices
- Easily share audio between two sets of AirPods on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Apple TV
- 20 hours of listening, movie watching, or talk time with Active Noise Cancellation and spatial audio enabled
- Store in ultra low-power mode with the slim Smart Case
The in-ear models AirPod and AirPod Pro were and are real box office hits despite their short usability of just under two years, but the AirPods Max never really caught on. Although they initially received good reviews, they were described by users who are familiar with other high-quality headphones as simply not good enough for the price.
With the price reduction to around $419, they are now closer to the performance you should pay for – of course, still including the Apple surcharge. Those who like the style of the AirPods Max might now have a reason to buy them. Everyone else can take a look at the alternatives.